Natural Medicine and Fertility
The primary goals of naturopathic medicine and acupuncture are to enhance and balance your body’s overall health and well-being; this allows the inherent ability of conception to take place. A healthy, more balanced body will conceive more naturally. The natural rhythms of the body are like a metronome; some of these include the heartbeat, breathing, sleep-wake cycles, and of course the menstrual cycle. Many years of emotional stress, lack of sleep, frustration, overwork, improper diet and lifestyle play a major role in disharmonies related to fertility. Both naturopathic and Chinese medicine help facilitate natural fertility by restoring the imbalance accumulated over time.
Some of the benefits of the Fertility Program and support are to help:
- Regulate menstrual cycles (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, irregular cycles, premenstrual syndrome, imbalanced follicular or luteal phases)
- Improve quality of oocytes
- Improve ovarian function; encouraging production of follicles and enhances their quality
- Improve blood flow to ovaries and uterus
- Enhance immune system
- Reduce stress and increase relaxation
- Reduce side effects from fertility and IVF treatments
- Reduce miscarriages
- Lessen uterine contractions after IVF transfer
- Improve sperm counts, motility and morphology
Remember that our overall goal is to not only see you pregnant, but to see you and your baby healthy. This means carrying a healthy baby to term, without complications and with a smooth postpartum period.